|There was a station in Wamego that opened July 4, 1922 at what is now the southeast
corner of 4th St.(Sandusky)(4th street was US40, also called the Victory highway) and
Lincoln Ave. This operation was moved to this location from another in Wamego but have not
been able to locate original location. A. W. Long's brother Hiram A. Long moved to Wamego
in April 1920 to manage those stations for Long Oil.
The bulk plant was located just
east of the service station, along the railroad tracks.
Southeast corner of 4th and Lincoln, Wamego, Kansas. Courtesy Alexander