Click on the town name
below for individual
information.




The Long Oil Company

Topeka stations


In 1921 Philip A. Fairbank was manager for Topeka, with stations at the southwest corner of 10th and Topeka Blvd (501 W 10th) and 401 Quincy. By 1923 two stations at 1701 N Tyler and 1113-1119 W. 6th were added. Then added in 1926 were stations at 2502 E 6th Ave, 601 Brooks, 17th and Strong, 1102 E 27th (27th and Ohio), and a warehouse at 600-608 N Tyler. By 1928 the main offices were moved to 505 W 10th Ave, stations were added at Norris and Jackson, 949 Wabash (Thomas and Wabash), 1418 Seward Ave., and 200 W Norris. Then stations at the southwest corner of 10th and Ridge, 1401 N Kansas, 234 Jackson (3rd and Jackson), 21st and California, and 1700 Euclid were added by 1930. The last year for new stations was 1931 when stations were added at 2618 W Euclid, 801 N Jackson, and the southwest corner of W 7th and Van Buren. Also that year Frank W. Mills was manager.

1933 was the last year Long Oil operated in Topeka at only the following locations with W. G. Wood as manager. 600 N. Tyler (office), 234 Jackson, 801 N Jackson, 1401 N Kansas Ave, 401 Quincy, 3201 W 10th Ave, 1701 N Tyler, West 6th, East 6th, and the north Topeka station.


Location unknown 1926.




Location unknown 1926.


Back to Long Stations
Back to Long Oil homepage

Copyright Ben Eckart. All rights reserved.