L. D. Mix Oil and Naptha Company
In 1883 The National Oil Company made arrangements with L. D. Mix, a Cleveland refiner, owner of the National Oil and Naptha Company, under which agreement The National assumed the responsibility for marketing the output of the Mix plant. The two companies joined forces as the National Oil Company and L. D. Mix. Then some time around 1885 the arrangement with L. D. Mix was discontinued and Mix's company was reborn as The L. D. Mix Oil and Naptha Company. The following Victorian trade card, from around 1885, is an advertisement for the L. D. Mix Oil and Naptha Company, Cleveland, Ohio.